COVID-192021 Covid Protocols
Important links regarding COVID-19 Precautions:
Owl Soccer Camps will continually be monitoring the CDC, Texas, and Rice protocols surrounding Covid. We will adhere to the guidelines set in the links above. See below for specific precautions for our camps:
- Rice is currently allowing 50 campers per field. We will have 3 fields and 150 campers per week
- All campers will be split into small groups for the week based on age, ability, and gender. We will keep the groups separate and spread them around their assigned field.
- DO NOT send your child to camp if they are showing symptoms of possible COVID-19 or if they have recently been in contact with someone that has tested positive or is displaying possible symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, fever).
- We will NOT require campers to wear a mask while outdoors. Please bring a mask in case we need to go indoors.
- Rice University will NOT allow guests during camp. Parents and guardians will NOT be allowed to leave their vehicles to check campers in or out, or to watch camp.
- You can sit in your car in West Lot 2 to watch camp. Parking rates may apply.
- We will have an athletic trainer on site at all times.
- All staff will be trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will mitigate environmental exposures by additional cleaning and disinfecting of symptomatic staff’s work area, common areas, and bathrooms.
Dining Hygiene Plan:
- Clean and disinfect shared areas and items.
- We will serve disposable boxed lunches as part of the lunch plan.
- Each group will wash their hands before and after snacks/lunches.
- We will enforce proper distancing during meal times and eat all meals outdoors.
- Each coach will have a set of equipment (cones, balls, pennies, etc) for the week that they only use for their group of campers.
- Campers should not bring their own soccer ball. We will provide you with a ball to take home at the end of the week.
Check in/Check Out
- Parents please stay in your vehicle and pull through like a carpool.
- Check in- child will check in with camp director each day. We will direct them to their group for the week.
- Check out- Staff will come to your vehicle, ask for who you are picking up and have staff coaches send campers to the vehicles. We will check off each camper as they depart.
- Please send an email or let us know at check in if your child will be picked up by someone other than a parent/guardian.
We will monitor Rice capacity protocols, ensure proper handwashing, and clean the bathrooms consistently.
If you do not wish to provide your child with cash, you can send us money via the Venmo app (@owlsoccercamps-llc). We will keep track of how much your child purchases and send back any leftover money at the end of the week.
We will have one water station per field that we will refill as needed throughout the day. Please have your child bring a refillable water bottle. Each staff coach will be responsible for refilling the water bottles to limit contact.
Post Camp Recommendations:
Campers, parents, and guardians please note the enhanced risks of campers being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after the end of the camp session.